CHRISTIAN etHOS & cHRISTIAN vALUES
Christian Ethos & Christian Values
St. Mary’s School is a caring family school which achieves much success in a wide range of activities. We believe in providing the best personalised education where all our children are valued for their individuality, gifts and talents. We reject prejudice and discrimination in all its forms. We believe that achievement and success motivate children and that success should be acknowledged with rewards. Children achieve their potential when school and home share a core set of values, working in partnership. Parental support is of the utmost importance to ensure children derive most benefit during their time with us.
Our School Christian values are: Trust, Hope, Friendship, Perseverance, Forgiveness and Peace.
The aims of the school
- To nurture the Christian faith and spirituality through an understanding of Christian belief, tradition and ‘awe and wonder’ in the curriculum.
- To promote an ethos which embeds positive behaviour based on affection, respect and achievement in a caring, loving and secure environment where all gifts and talents are celebrated.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum enriched with quality learning experiences. High standards and risk taking are promoted and learning made exciting and memorable. The school endeavours to provide a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities and high quality extended school services to further enhance provision.
- To provide an environment where independence, responsibility and respect for oneself and others, are nurtured, thereby preparing each pupil for life and work beyond school as responsible citizens in a multicultural and diverse, democratic society where prejudice and discrimination are not tolerated.
- To ensure that teaching and learning is inclusive and focused on individual pupils' attainment, abilities, needs and learning styles, thereby maximising success.
- To enter into a purposeful partnership with all adults and children associated with the school for the benefit of all.